Us (minus our oldest 2)

Us (minus our oldest 2)

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

When you're not sure what to do, just keep doing the last thing that God said for you to do.

Here we are--still.  We have since completed the biometric fingerprints for all of us "adults" (and I use that term loosely.)  The homestudy is updated.  We've been in contact with our agency and have been told, "It doesn't look as if there are any boys w/Down Syndrome available right now.  Be prepared for a wait, since it doesn't look like there will be any available for quite some time."  I was, once again, encouraged to look to the China adoption program.  Once again, I struggled with switching.  
I cried, I pouted, I stamped my foot.  "I don't know if I can do this for three years," I cried.  "If I had known that we'd be in this situation, this far into to it, I never would have applied for Thailand," I said.  After going back and forth and not knowing what to do, I called my friend Amy.  As always, she's a supportive ear.  She asked, "What is the Lord telling you?"  I replied, "Absolutely nothing."  I wanted to do what's "right" for us, but I also didn't want to be disobedient to God. "What do you always tell me?"  I had forgotten what I always tell her...
When you're not sure what you should do, go back to the last thing that you know that you heard from God.  Do that until you hear otherwise.  So the last thing that I know that I know that I know is this: adopt a little boy w/Down Syndrome from Thailand. Don't settle for something "good" when you can have God's "best."  So we wait.  And if we're still in the wait mode come January, our three year mark, I'm pretty sure that it won't be fatal to me.  God is God and I am not.

2 comments:

  1. You are truly a positive influence on me and always have been. Sometimes when I get down I come on here just to read what you have wrote. Love ya and thanks for being there when I always needed ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your very kind comment!

    ReplyDelete